§ 1368.5 - Civil Action By Association; Notice Prior To Filing
- (a) Not later than 30 days prior to the filing of any civil action by the association against the declarant or other developer of a common interest development for alleged damage to the common areas, alleged damage to the separate interests that the association is obligated to maintain or repair, or alleged damage to the separate interests that arises out of, or is integrally related to, damage to the common areas or separate interests that the association is obligated to maintain or repair, the board of directors of the association shall provide a written notice to each member of the association who appears on the records of the association when the notice is provided. This notice shall specify all of the following:
- (1) That a meeting will take place to discuss problems that may lead to the filing of a civil action.
- (2) The options, including civil actions, that are available to address the problems.
- (3) The time and place of this meeting.
- (b) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), if the association has reason to believe that the applicable statute of limitations will expire before the association files the civil action, the association may give the notice, as described above, within 30 days after the filing of the action.
Index Table of Contents