15 USCS § 8002. Definitions
In this title [15 USCS § § 8001:
- (1)ASME/ANSI. The term "ASME/ANSI" as applied to a safety standard means such a standard that is accredited by the American National Standards Institute and published by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- (2)Barrier. The term "barrier" includes a natural or constructed topographical feature that prevents unpermitted access by children to a swimming pool, and, with respect to a hot tub, a lockable cover.
- (3)Commission. The term "Commission" means the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- (4)Main drain. The term "main drain" means a submerged suction outlet typically located at the bottom of a pool or spa to conduct water to a recirculating pump.
- (5)Safety vacuum release system. The term "safety vacuum release system" means a vacuum release system capable of providing vacuum release at a suction outlet caused by a high vacuum occurrence due to a suction outlet flow blockage.
- (6)Swimming pool; spa. The term "swimming pool" or "spa" means any outdoor or indoor structure intended for swimming or recreational bathing, including in-ground and above-ground structures, and includes hot tubs, spas, portable spas, and non-portable wading pools.
- (7)Unblockable drain. The term "unblockable drain" means a drain of any size and shape that a human body cannot sufficiently block to create a suction entrapment hazard.
- (8)State. The term "State" has the meaning given such term in section 3(10) of the Consumer Product Safety Act (15 USC § 2052(10)), and includes the Northern Mariana Islands.