15 USCS § 8006. Education Program
- (a)In general. The Commission shall establish and carry out an education program to inform the public of methods to prevent drowning and entrapment in swimming pools and spas. In carrying out the program, the Commission shall develop
- (1) educational materials designed for pool manufacturers, pool service companies, and pool supply retail outlets;
- (2)educational materials designed for pool owners and operators; and
- (3)a national media campaign to promote awareness of pool and spa safety.
- (b) Authorization of appropriations. There are authorized to be appropriated to the Commission for each of the fiscal years 2008 through 2012 $ 5,000,000 to carry out the education program authorized by subsection (a).
Index | Table of Contents