§ 23428.20 Condominiums And Cooperatives; Condominium Homeowners’ Association
- (a)For the purposes of this article, “club” also means any bona fide nonprofit corporation that has been in existence for not less than nine years, has more than 8,500 memberships issued and outstanding to owners of condominiums and owners of memberships in stock cooperatives, and owns, leases, operates, or maintains recreational facilities for its members.
- (b)For the purposes of this article, “club” also means any bona fide nonprofit corporation that was formed as a condominium homeowners’ association, has at least 250 members, has served daily meals to its members and guests for a period of not less than 12 years, owns or leases, operates, and maintains a clubroom or rooms for its membership, has an annual fee of not less than nine hundred dollars ($900) per year per member, and has as a condition of membership that one member of each household be at least 54 years of age.
- (c)Section 23399 and the numerical limitation of Section 23430 shall not apply to a club defined in this section.
- (d)No license shall be issued pursuant to this section to any club that withholds membership or denies facilities or services to any person on account of any basis listed in subdivision (a) or (d) of Section 12955 of the Government Code, as those bases are defined in Sections 12926, 12926.1, subdivision (m) and paragraph (1) of subdivision (p) of Section 12955, and Section 12955.2 of the Government Code.
- (e)Notwithstanding subdivision (d), with respect to familial status, subdivision (d) shall not be construed to apply to housing for older persons, as defined in Section 12955.9 of the Government Code. With respect to familial status, nothing in subdivision (d) shall be construed to affect Sections 51.2, 51.3, 51.4, 51.10, 51.11, and 799.5 of the Civil Code, relating to housing for senior citizens. Subdivision (d) of Section 51, Section 4760, and Section 6714 of the Civil Code, and subdivisions (n), (o), and (p) of Section 12955 of the Government Code shall apply to subdivision (d).