§ 4041 – Process for Updating Owner Addresses
- (a) An owner of a separate interest shall, on an annual basis, provide written notice to the association of all of the following:
- (1) The address or addresses to which notices from the association are to be delivered.
- (2) An alternate or secondary address to which notices from the association are to be delivered.
- (3) The name and address of the owner's legal representative, if any, including any person with power of attorney or other person who can be contacted in the event of the owner's extended absence from the separate interest.
- (4) Whether the separate interest is owner-occupied, is rented out, if the parcel is developed but vacant, or if the parcel is undeveloped land.
- (b) The association shall solicit these annual notices of each owner and, at least 30 days prior to making its own required disclosure under Section 5300 , shall enter the data into its books and records.
- (c) If an owner fails to provide the notices set forth in paragraphs (1) and (2) of subdivision (a), the last address provided in writing by the owner or, if none, the property address shall be deemed to be the address to which notices are to be delivered.
- (d) To the extent that interests regulated in Chapter 2 (commencing with Section 11210 ) of Part 2 of Division 4 of the Business and Professions Code are part of a mixed-use project where those interests comprise a portion of a common interest development, the association, as defined in Section 4040 , shall be deemed compliant with this section if, at least once annually, it obtains from the time-share plan association a copy of the list described in subdivision (e) of Section 11273 of the Business and Professions Code , and enters the data into its books and records.
Notwithstanding subdivision (e) of Section 11273 of the Business and Professions Code , the time-share plan association shall provide the list to the association at least annually for this purpose.