§ 4290 – Condominium Plan, Recordation
- (a) The certificate consenting to the recordation of a condominium plan that is required by subdivision (c) of Section 4120 shall be signed and acknowledged by all of the following persons:
- (1) The record owner of fee title to that property included in the condominium project.
- (2) In the case of a condominium project that will terminate upon the termination of an estate for years, by all lessors and lessees of the estate for years.
- (3) In the case of a condominium project subject to a life estate, by all life tenants and remainder interests.
- (4) The trustee or the beneficiary of each recorded deed of trust, and the mortgagee of each recorded mortgage encumbering the property.
- (b) Owners of mineral rights, easements, rights-of-way, and other nonpossessory interests do not need to sign the certificate. (c) In the event a conversion to condominiums of a community apartment project or stock cooperative has been approved by the required number of owners, trustees, beneficiaries, and mortgagees pursuant to Section 66452.10 of the Government Code, the certificate need only be signed by those owners, trustees, beneficiaries, and mortgagees approving the conversion.
Index | Table of Contents