§ 5216 - Safe at Home Program
- (a) Notwithstanding any other law, upon request of a member of an association who is an active participant in the Safe at Home program, the association shall do both of the following:
- (1) Accept and use the address designated by the Secretary of State as the Safe at Home participant’s substitute address under the Safe at Home program for all association communications.
- (2) Withhold or redact information that would reveal the name, community property address, or email address of the Safe at Home participant from both of the following:
- (A) All resident community membership lists, including mailbox bank listings, resident directories, electronic keypads, unit property numbers, and internet web portal accounts.
- (B) Any membership list that will be shared with other members of the association.
- (b) An association shall keep member participation in the Safe at Home program confidential.
- (c) For purposes of this section:
- (1) "Community property address" means the address of the member’s property within the community governed by the association.
- (2) "Safe at Home participant" means a person certified as a program participant in the Safe at Home program.
- (3) "Safe at Home program" means the address confidentiality program established pursuant to Chapter 3.1 (commencing with Section 6205) of Division 7 of Title 1 of the Government Code.
Index | Table of Contents