§ 5910 - Dispute Resolution Procedure, Minimum Requirements
A fair, reasonable, and expeditious dispute resolution procedure shall at a minimum satisfy all of the following requirements:
- (a)The procedure may be invoked by either party to the dispute. A request invoking the procedure shall be in writing.
- (b)The procedure shall provide for prompt deadlines. The procedure shall state the maximum time for the association to act on a request invoking the procedure.
- (c)If the procedure is invoked by a member, the association shall participate in the procedure.
- (d)If the procedure is invoked by the association, the member may elect not to participate in the procedure. If the member participates but the dispute is resolved other than by agreement of the member, the member shall have a right of appeal to the board.
- (e)A written resolution, signed by both parties, of a dispute pursuant to the procedure that is not in conflict with the law or the governing documents binds the association and is judicially enforceable. A written agreement, signed by both parties, reached pursuant to the procedure that is not in conflict with the law or the governing documents binds the parties and is judicially enforceable.
- (f)The procedure shall provide a means by which the member and the association may explain their positions. The member and association may be assisted by an attorney or another person in explaining their positions at their own cost.
- (g)A member of the association shall not be charged a fee to participate in the process.