§ 6608 - Amendment Of Governing Documents To Delete Construction Or Marketing Provisions After Completion By Developer; Requirements
- (a)Notwithstanding any provision of the governing documents to the contrary, the board may, after the developer has completed construction of the development, has terminated construction activities, and has terminated marketing activities for the sale, lease, or other disposition of separate interests within the development, adopt an amendment deleting from any of the governing documents any provision which is unequivocally designed and intended, or which by its nature can only have been designed or intended, to facilitate the developer in completing the construction or marketing of the development. However, provisions of the governing documents relative to a particular construction or marketing phase of the development may not be deleted under the authorization of this subdivision until that construction or marketing phase has been completed.
- (b)The provisions which may be deleted by action of the board shall be limited to those which provide for access by the developer over or across the common area for the purposes of (1) completion of construction of the development, and (2) the erection, construction, or maintenance of structures or other facilities designed to facilitate the completion of construction or marketing of separate interests.
- (c)At least 30 days prior to taking action pursuant to subdivision (a), the board shall deliver to all members, by individual delivery pursuant to Section 6514, (1) a copy of all amendments to the governing documents proposed to be adopted under subdivision (a), and (2) a notice of the time, date, and place the board will consider adoption of the amendments.
- The board may consider adoption of amendments to the governing documents pursuant to subdivision (a) only at a meeting that is open to all members, who shall be given opportunity to make comments thereon. All deliberations of the board on any action proposed under subdivision (a) shall only be conducted in an open meeting.
- (d)The board may not amend the governing documents pursuant to this section without the approval of a majority of a quorum of the members, pursuant to Section 6524. For the purposes of this section, "quorum" means more than 50 percent of the members who own no more than two separate interests in the development.
Index Table of Contents