§ 6620 – Amendment Of Declaration; Procedure
- (a)A declaration may be amended pursuant to the declaration or this act. An amendment is effective after all of the following requirements have been met:
- (1)The proposed amendment has been delivered by individual notice to all members not less than 15 days and not more than 60 days prior to any approval being solicited.
- (2)The amendment has been approved by the percentage of members required by the declaration and any other person whose approval is required by the declaration.
- (3)That fact has been certified in a writing executed and acknowledged by the officer designated in the declaration or by the association for that purpose, or if no one is designated, by the president of the association.
- (4)The amendment has been recorded in each county in which a portion of the common interest development is located.
- (b)If the declaration does not specify the percentage of members who must approve an amendment of the declaration, an amendment may be approved by a majority of all members, pursuant to Section 6522.
Index Table of Contents