§ 6720 – Temporary Removal Of Occupant For Treatment Of Wood-Destroying Pests Or Organisms
- (a)The association may cause the temporary, summary removal of any occupant of a common interest development for such periods and at such times as may be necessary for prompt, effective treatment of wood-destroying pests or organisms.
- (b)The association shall give notice of the need to temporarily vacate a separate interest to the occupants and to the owners, not less than 15 days nor more than 30 days prior to the date of the temporary relocation. The notice shall state the reason for the temporary relocation, the date and time of the beginning of treatment, the anticipated date and time of termination of treatment, and that the occupants will be responsible for their own accommodations during the temporary relocation.
- (c)Notice by the association shall be deemed complete upon either:
- (1)Personal delivery of a copy of the notice to the occupants, and, if an occupant is not the owner, individual delivery pursuant to Section 6514 of a copy of the notice to the owner.
- (2)Individual delivery pursuant to Section 6514 to the occupant at the address of the separate interest, and, if the occupant is not the owner, individual delivery pursuant to Section 6514 of a copy of the notice to the owner.
- (d)For purposes of this section, “occupant” means an owner, resident, guest, invitee, tenant, lessee, sublessee, or other person in possession of the separate interest.
Index Table of Contents