§ 8210 - Biennial Statements
- (a) Every corporation shall, within 90 days after the filing of its original articles and biennially thereafter during the applicable filing period, file, on a form prescribed by the Secretary of State, a statement containing: (1) the name of the corporation and the Secretary of State’s file number; (2) the names and complete business or residence addresses of its chief executive officer, secretary, and chief financial officer; (3) the street address of its principal office in this state, if any; (4) the mailing address of the corporation, if different from the street address of its principal executive office or if the corporation has no principal office address in this state; and (5) if the corporation chooses to receive renewal notices and any other notifications from the Secretary of State by electronic mail instead of by United States mail, a valid electronic mail address for the corporation or for the corporation’s designee to receive those notices.
- (b) The statement required by subdivision (a) shall also designate, as the agent of the corporation for the purpose of service of process, a natural person residing in this state or any domestic or foreign or foreign business corporation that has complied with Section 1505 and whose capacity to act as an agent has not terminated. If a natural person is designated, the statement shall set forth the person’s complete business or residence street address. If a corporate agent is designated, no address for it shall be set forth.
- (c) For the purposes of this section, the applicable filing period for a corporation shall be the calendar month during which its original articles were filed and the immediately preceding five calendar months. The Secretary of State shall provide a notice to each corporation to comply with this section approximately three months prior to the close of the applicable filing period. The notice shall state the due date for compliance and shall be sent to the last address of the corporation according to the records of the Secretary of State or to the last electronic mail address according to the records of the Secretary of State if the corporation has elected to receive notices from the Secretary of State by electronic mail. Neither the failure of the Secretary of State to send the notice nor the failure of the corporation to receive it is an excuse for failure to comply with this section.
- (d) Whenever any of the information required by subdivision (a) is changed, the corporation may file a current statement containing all the information required by subdivisions (a) and (b). In order to change its agent for service of process or the address of the agent, the corporation must file a current statement containing all the information required by subdivisions (a) and (b). Whenever any statement is filed pursuant to this section, it supersedes any previously filed statement and the statement in the articles as to the agent for service of process and the address of the agent.
- (e) The Secretary of State may destroy or otherwise dispose of any statement filed pursuant to this section after it has been superseded by the filing of a new statement.
- (f) This section shall not be construed to place any person dealing with the corporation on notice of, or under any duty to inquire about, the existence or content of a statement filed pursuant to this section.
Index Table of Contents