§ 1369.520 – ADR Required Prior To Filing An Enforcement Action

(a) An association or an owner or a member of a common interest development may not file an enforcement action in the superior court unless the parties have endeavored to submit their dispute to alternative dispute resolution pursuant to this article.

(b) This section applies only to an enforcement action that is solely for declaratory, injunctive, or writ relief, or for that relief in conjunction with a claim for monetary damages not in excess of five thousand dollars ($5,000).

(c) This section does not apply to a small claims action.

(d) Except as otherwise provided by law, this section does not apply to an assessment dispute.

Index | Table of Contents

Contact Us

Fill out the contact form or call us at 818-891-9504 to schedule your consultation.
Please sign me up to receive your newsletters